I am co-teaching the Crypto Gems course this semester. The course material for the first twelve lecture are as follows.
- Hard-core predicates (Goldreich-Levin): Katz-Lindell, Chap. 6.
- PRGs from one-way functions: Katz-Lindell, Chap. 6.
- PRFs from PRGs (Goldreich-Goldwasser-Micali): Katz-Lindell, Chap. 6.
- PRPs from PRFs (Luby-Rackoff): Luca Trevisan’s lectures 15 and 16. See Yevgenyi Dodis’s lecture 10 for an intuition.
- The leftover hash lemma: Leo Reyzin’s notes.
- Pairings, IBEs, and Boneh-Franklin IBE: Brent Waters’s lectures 4 and 5.
- Boneh-Boyen IBE and the Canetti-Halevi-Katz (CHK) transform: Brent Waters’s lectures 6, 7, and 9. See also Section 4 of the CHK paper.
- Boneh-Lynn-Shacham (BLS) short signatures and Naor’s trick: See Sections 1-3.2 of the BLS paper.
- Intro to FHE: Shafi Goldwasser and Boaz Barak’s notes 1 and 2.
- FHE II: Boaz Barak’s notes 3.
Here are the exercise sheets, prepared together with Giorgia Azzurra Marson.
Previously I taught a course on the Basic Provable Security of Public-Key Encryption Schemes at Universidade do Minho. Here are the notes.